Thursday, May 1, 2008

He Knows

It's Janelle. I'm guest blogging again for Jon:


I had a less than stellar day this week.

My morning was terrible. By lunch time, if asked, I would have quite possibly announced it The.Worst.Day.Ever.

Then something happened.

My husband came home early. He held me. He told me how much he loved me.

Things just didn’t seem that bad anymore.

Then to top it all off, God showed up.

I’m not meaning He showed up, knocked on the door and had a seat in the living room. It was a little more subtle than that. He arrived by mail.

We received a card from a very sweet woman who happens to be a retired missionary. When she came off the field she came back to the small town that she had grown up in, and the very church she had attended all those years. When she came back the church gave her use of the parsonage. The same parsonage that we lived in all those years ago when we were there working with the youth.

I’m not going to quote the whole card, although she does make mention of her enjoyment of all the painting techniques I used in the house, just the part that made Jon and I bawl like babies.

Also, several years ago, a young man in uniform knocked on the door & was very disappointed not to see one of you open it. He said he gave you a bad time in the youth group, but had accepted Christ as his Savior since & had wanted to tell you “sorry” & share his joy in knowing the Jesus you told him about. Can’t recall his name (sorry) or even which branch of the service he was in. I think it was Navy.

(Pastor) mentioned in a recent prayer meeting that you are now working with Youth for Christ - is that right? May God use you daily there!

God knew that we needed to be reminded what this is all about.

2 comments:

The Runner Bunch said...

What a good husband and what a great God that He gave you such a wonderful glimpse into the fruits of your labor!! I love that story! :)Sandy

Stephanie said...

Have the two of you read the Power of a Praying Wife/Husband books? If not, I HIGHLY recommend them. Gabe and I have both gotten a lot out of them.