Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Highs and Lows of Fundraising

I have to confess- I've experienced both elation and extreme disappointment regarding our fundraising in the past 24 hours.

They* say that when you are raising personal support, expect to be surprised by who supports you. I've found that to be true. People I thought I could definitely count on have said no. Some folks I've never met have pledged to support us on a monthly basis. Those "no's" sure sting and stick in your mind though.

On a positive note- God has provided for some pretty immediate, tangible needs. In amazing ways.

Why can't the amazing stuff stick out in my mind?

My humanity focuses on the rejection. I want my spirit to focus on God's faithfulness.

On another note- I'm flying to Ft. Huachuca, AZ on Friday to meet with the Chaplains there. It's basically the final step in placing us there to do ministry. I'm excited and just a little nervous.

For those that are wondering, we are about $1000/month from our fundraising goal. MCYM would like us at Huachuca by July 1st, but if my support isn't there we will have to push the timeline back.

If you've been praying, now you know how to pray specifically.

If you're already supporting us financially, thank you!

If you've been thinking about supporting us financially, now would be a great time to start! Give me a call and I'll get you started!

More later,

Jon for the McIver clan

No comments: