Sunday, April 6, 2008

My legs hurt

Okay, in the interest of total disclosure, I would like to publish a partial list of people who beat me in yesterday's 5K Run For a Reason:

-Man pushing double stroller (actually came in 4th)
-Woman pushing double stroller
-4 Junior High aged girls
-Numerous teenage boys
-My 13 yr. old nephew
-My 41 yr. old sister (I have permission to mention her age)


People I beat:
-Middle aged housewife (only because she stopped to use the porta-potty at mile 2)
-Old guy
-Little kids
-Walkers

Conclusions:
-It's time to dust off the running shoes
-I am getting old
-I need a nap

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But run he did. Like cold turkey and with just the shoes he came with.
(This in the midst of a quick trip back to Clarksville to give much needed technical and skill assistance to his folks house project).
He then spent the other half of the day hanging a door, working over a planter and assorted tasks on the to do list. Not a bad effort after all.
His folks especially enjoyed his being here. Love ya"ll Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

"don't hate me because I'm faster than you" hee hee.
Clarksville seems empty today without you in it. miss you already!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh...there is no hope for me, then. I am considering running/WALKING a half marathon with a friend from work in October. And I was just thinking...I am not sure which could appear more stalker-ish: the fact that I check your blog everyday--or the fact that you can announce when I have been here!! "Vancouver, WA has visited AGAIN".Probably not that many devout followers in Vancouver?? I Just can't get enough of the McIvers! :-) Maybe I should enlist more readers in Vancouver so I don't look so freaky lol. Heather