Thursday, September 11, 2008

In Memory-9/11

Seven years ago today, many of our lives were forever changed... drastically changed by the actions of a handful of men acting under the delusion that they were earning special privilege in heaven. So much for a "religion of peace."

Today, we remember the sacrifices made by men and women who gave of themselves; most of whom would more than likely look at the ground, scuff their boot, and say "I was just doing my job." We call them Heroes.

I'd like to mention two families whose lives have been forever touched by these Heroes.

The Family of Ronald P. Bucca Sr.
You can read the whole story through the link above. I personally got to know Ron Jr. while serving with 2nd Battalion, 5th Special Forces Group. It was an honor to serve with Ronnie. He and his family know the real meaning of sacrifice.

The Family of Timmy R. Brown Jr.
I served with Tim during OIF I. Like me, Tim was troubled by 9/11, and joined the Army to do his part. Tim was killed by an IED in August, 2003. His family's lives have been forever changed because he chose to answer the call.


The McIver Family has been forever changed by the events of September 11th, 2001. However, we look back and see God's hand through it all. I am a better husband, father, son, and Follower of the Most High because of my time in the Army. I feel like I can truly claim Romans 8:28:
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

To all those whom I have served alongside... Thank You.
To the families of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice... God bless you and keep you.
To our President, George W. Bush... Thank You for having the courage to face evil head on.
To those serving overseas today...

May The Lord bless you and keep you.
M
ay the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you.
M
ay the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen! Well spoken and well served. We are pound of you. M&D