Friday, February 29, 2008

Two rants...

First-
I feel like the last month has been so focused on packing/moving/driving/getting settled. I haven't really had any time or energy to devote to raising support. I have made some good connections with people I haven't seen in a while. I also finally addressed our support letters (only ten days later than I would have liked) which will go in the mail tomorrow. This weekend I will be sitting down and making a more concrete plan about how to make contacts and set up appointments. If you are in the Southern California area, plan on getting a phone call from me sometime in the next few weeks.


Second-
We need a set of wheels for me to drive. I need something to get me to work and around town, preferably with decent gas mileage. If we were able to find a loaner car to use for the next few months, that would be ideal. Here's the problem: I've got the motorcycle bug again. I'm trying to figure out if I should feel guilty for praying for $700 for this. If you know me, you know how I like to rationalize and manipulate data in my head. Gas mileage and cheap insurance are the main pros I come up with. (Not to mention riding around So Cal in the spring on a cool old bike.) It's all hypothetical at this point anyway.

On a different note- I played in the dirt at work all week. We removed sod, moved sprinklers, fixed a water main. I got to use the trencher all day today. Good times.

No comments: